Friday, August 13, 2010

Back to School - already?

Loved Back to School shopping with my girls! I always loved back-to-school shopping and enjoy shopping for office supplies in general. It made my years working at an office supply store very enjoyable, and being a teacher ensured that I would always get to do office supply shopping at BTS time :) even if it is just for myself.

Because Pumpkin Pie's preschool provides breakfast and lunch at no extra charge, a lunchbox is not needed, and we had a small backpack on hand that will be the perfect size for a change of clothes - just in case of accidents - and any notes home. That just left shopping for school clothes and shoes. I went to my favorite local department stores on two Saturdays to find the best deals. We were able find some cute short sleeved shirts, skirts, and capris on clearance as well as long sleeved shirts and longer pants on sale. We added in a new pair of shoes are are set. If we find that eating school lunch is not an option, we'll purchase a lunchbox of Pumpkin Pie's choosing and start packing a lunch instead. We're hoping that she'll eat a variety of foods well due to the peer pressure and encouragement of someone other than Mommy and Daddy.

We have a back to school picnic for my school this evening and then teachers have workdays Monday and Tuesday with students at school for a short day on Wednesday. I am amazed that the last 7 weeks have gone so quickly with the Sweet Pea. She is eating well straight from the tap and tolerant enough of bottle feeding that I think she'll be ok :) She had a nasty diaper rash a couple weeks ago, but that has cleared up as well. She woke me 2 times last night, which is a schedule I can live with for now since she's getting so well at sleeping in her bed.

No comments: