Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Introduction and Pumpkin Pie's 2nd Birthday





Photobucket

I can't believe my baby is 2 years old today. It seems like just yesterday that she was born, and now she is a walking, talking, toddler tornado. She has grown into such an amazing little girl already. We always rock briefly before she goes and climbs into bed, but last night when she crawled into bed, I called her back so I could rock her a little more.

Last week, she was playing in the kitchen while I was fixing supper. Her basketball fell down the basement stairs, and of course she started crying. My hubby and I each said that we would go get it in a few minutes. After just a little fussing, she said, "I do. I get ball."



She is also learning the motions to "Pat-a-Cake" and "Itsy Bitsy Spider". However, in spite of all of her babbling and her large receptive vocabulary, the only part of "Pat-a-Cake" she'll say is "baby" ("put it in the oven for baby and me"), and she won't say any of "Itsy Bitsy Spider". She sure is cute doing the hand motions though.



I am a twenty-something mom to my pumpkin pie. I also teach music full-time in a school 30 minutes from my home. I have been married for almost 7 years to my wonderful husband who is a great stay-at-home dad to our little girl. We are expecting our second child in July. Add Pumpkin Pie's best friend - a female black lab and husky mix - and we are going to have a houseful and our hands full.

No comments: