Monday, November 24, 2008

4 months old already!

As of yesterday, Princess is 4 months old. We spent the weekend in Lincoln celebrating. OK - not really. We just happened to be there because the annual music teacher's conference was this weekend. We all went and stayed in a wonderful hotel with big rooms so that Pumpkin Pie would have room to run and play. She did really well and had no potty accidents in the hotel that I know of. She enjoyed getting to fall asleep watching TV as that is a special treat.

Wednesday night, I made a sling so that I could take Princess with me to some of the sessions. I knew that Pumpkin Pie is at an age that she wouldn't be able to sit still for an hour, but that Princess would be able to hang out quietly and sleep in the mornings. It took me about an hour to make and cost me about $8 in materials. It was really easy, and I'd like to make many more in a variety of fabrics. I will make the next one a little bit longer just to accommodate Princess just a little bit better. I'd also like to make Pumpkin Pie one to carry her babies around in. She is turning into such a little mommy with a great imagination. Example: On Friday, we went to Perkins for lunch. She chose a pancakes with chocolate chips meal and my hubby and I chose buffalo chicken wraps which came with fries. As she was waiting for us to finish up, she took a small french fry that hubby had given her, laid it on an extra straw as a pillow, covered it with a napkin, and kissed it, saying "night-night, french fry."

All-in-all, it was a great weekend, and we got started on our Christmas shopping as well as finding a kennel in town that the furkid seems to like. It has more space than the place we were using before so she has more room to run and play. We do know that we'll send a bed and some toys for her for next time because there's a lot of cold concrete for her to sleep on. Now we know.

Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Lisa and Curtis said...

Hi! that is adorable about her treating the french fry like a baby! This age has its great moments! We miss you over at SE. Hope all is well girl, take care~Lisa